Categories of hosting services
A hosting service includes stockpiling and/or sharing given content on a web hosting server hosted by a website hosting distributor. There are various types of hosting services utilized for different goals, so let's take a gaze at them. In that way, you can pick what you want, based on whether you'd like to build a web site, e-mail aliases, or to share files with comrades and partners.
- File hosting: a solution supplied by various hosts, which permits you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived files, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole designation is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a table of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php web page files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file hosting services frequently involve ads by the download links, while a timer compels you to await a particular span of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you possess a paid file hosting account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limitation in regard to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the help of the cPanel hosting wholesalers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modern "cloud hosting". This is an entirely false interpretation of the actual definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would allot the tasks at hand between autonomous sets of hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving miscellaneous web hosting services (electronic mail, disk space, stats, DNS, databases, web space hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a sort of a storage space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; certain vendors offer a hosting service for pictures solely. This hosting variant is good if you want to share an enormous amount of pictures with comrades or partners since the solution is generally free of cost. You will receive a random link for each and every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for sites.
- Email hosting: a service dedicated to administering your emails. Some vendors offer web hosting services for websites, but do not offer an email hosting solution. If you want to create an e-mail address with your domain name but do not wish to run a website, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you require. You can create e-mail address accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to some video file, or you can embed the video in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of using this approach instead of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video brings about a certain amount of CPU load, so with a few video files and a few hundred visitors, you may have difficulty with your web page hosting resources. Embedding the video clip will permit you to manage as many video clips as you would like without worrying about system supplies.
- Web site hosting: this is the solution that you require if you want to run a web site. To a certain degree, it consists of all of the aforesaid hosting groups since, along with your websites, you can also host pictures and files, you can set up databases and electronic mail accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At Moddi Hosting Services Solutions, for instance, you can have a glance at web hosting and dedicated web hosting packages that permit you to get all of the aforesaid services in one single place. There may be limitations depending on the sort of hosting service that you've picked - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your site hosting account may be better or worse compared to the routine e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are created for particular web content exclusively.